Possible alopecia?

nori.lychee.sesame

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today I noticed that my 2 year old cat, Nori, has a bit of a bald spot behind her ear. After searching this up, I found on Google that this could be alopecia, but I’m not sure (picture of her ear attached). Is this something that we need to be worried about?

I read that this could be normal for almost all cats but I’m worried that it could be stress related or worse. Her ears are clean so it couldn’t be because of an itch and her scratching it too hard.

Thank you!

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a few things, fleas, allergy or it could be that she has just scratched the fur off. Are there any marks, scratches on the area, is it bothering her? Wipe it with some warm clear water to make sure it's clean and keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger I would contact your vet or email a photo to him.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could also be a food allergy. Have you tried her on any new foods lately? Does she have access to the outdoors at all or do you have indoor plants?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nori.lychee.sesame

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have tried a new food topper with her, but it was after the bald spot started to show. She’s an indoor and I’ve also always had indoor plants that she doesn’t have access too/was there before her bald spot started to show.

When I looked, it looked like there might be some slight scabbing on there, and I think it might have been a result of scratching. We do have 2 other cats but they don’t really play with her too much. The most they’ll do when they play together is just run after each other; they don’t play fight at all.

We have been keeping an eye on it and it doesn’t look like it’s grown all that much! She does have an annual check up soon, so we’re going to bring her to the vet and ask them for an update.