possible abyssinian mix?

squeaker1224

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my kitty Peanut. She came to me as a feral, took over a month before I could even touch her. Now a year later and she is my lap kitty, spayed, all worms, parasites and fleas gone. She is so unique in so many ways!!!! She is extremely vocal, like I have never heard a cat meow or make some of the noises she makes. She is also a great hunter and extremely smart and loves to play. There is a neighbor down the way (I live in the country) that once bred abyssinians so it is very possible she could be a mix but I am not 100% as she did not show up with her pedigree Lol! I was just wondering if anyone else might think she is a abby mix?

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She wont never make into the champion as Abby (IF she were admitted, without papers she wont), as she isnt according to the breed ideals, but why, yes, the possibility is quite hight is has an Ancestor.  The looks arent very different.   Also:

She is a ticked tabby - which is common among Abbies, but not common among the overall population.   A little peculiar, as ticked tabby is a dominant gene, practically top of the ladder. But still, they arent very common.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squeaker1224

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I by no means want to show her or anything like that, just want to love her [emoji]10084[/emoji]. She is so very loving and smart and such a talker, I never have heard some of the sounds she can make, it is amazing! I just have never seen another cat that looks like her except for the abyssinian breed and the only ones I seen were the ruddy colors. I am just so happy she stopped at my house a year ago because I just love her to pieces and could not imagine life without her.