Possible Abyssinian blood line or...

eccentriccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...just a run of the mill domestic short hair with a ticked tabby pattern and neat coloring.

Garrus, the cat in question, is the solid orange cat not looking at the camera.

He walks on a leash.  When we take him out, people who see him ask if he is Abyssinian.  I shrug and tell them I don't know.   Thoughts?   

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

eccentriccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I apologize for the way my first post looks.  I hit 'submit' instead of 'preview' and I can't edit my post. :p

Edit: Yay! I can edit now.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see you have several cats, and everyone of them has some looks to tell about!   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eccentriccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
'Tis true. 'Tis true.  But, I'll introduce my crew on another forum.  Right now, I'm curious to see what other people's thoughts are on Garrus.  Here's another picture of him.  

The white one is Bones, our Bicolor.  Garrus, the orange one, is playful, doesn't like to be picked-up, will walk on a leash, likes to be where the action is, is a people watcher and observant.  He also adjusts well to new cats coming in, so long as they mind their manners.  His coat is ticked and a beautiful blend of orange and cream.  As I mentioned, when we take him out for walks people who see him ask if he is Abyssinian. He's not purebred, but I wonder if he does have Abyssinian in his ancestry.  Thoughts?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The white one is Bones, our Bicolor.  Garrus, the orange one, is playful, doesn't like to be picked-up, will walk on a leash, likes to be where the action is, is a people watcher and observant.  He also adjusts well to new cats coming in, so long as they mind their manners.  His coat is ticked and a beautiful blend of orange and cream.  As I mentioned, when we take him out for walks people who see him ask if he is Abyssinian. He's not purebred, but I wonder if he does have Abyssinian in his ancestry.  Thoughts?
He may, ticked tabby isnt not the most common, and its almost only some abyssinians who carry it regularly.

Bones is btw a Van pattern, so although its technically a bicolor, that label is not used on this pattern.  Its after the Turkish Van, whom made the pattern wellknown.  The breed is not common (although we DO have a simultaneous tread about such cats) - but the pattern as such isnt that uncommon.  Its a fairly dominant gene, so we can often see a moggie with van pattern, gets a whole litter of kittens whom are more or less van patterned.  Although dear dad was almost surely something else.