Posey Marie

poseyberg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My son and my sister took our precious cat    Posey Marie   to be put down today. We had took her over a week ago to the Vet after noticing she just was not eating or drinking and she was a big cat and just seeing her weight loss she looked so bad. The vet kept her two nights then placed feeding tube in her. She came home with us a few days later. My son and I started the process of trying to feed her and measure thru a syringe and vomiting and her not even being able to make it to her litter tray. he hurt of seeing her lay in her litter tray and find hidden places in the house it all seemed so strange as we never experienced this. Today her life ended as she returned and my son as hard as it was knew it was the right thing to do. I applaud him as the vet office tried to encourage him to try the antiobiotics on her and they would give them now for him to start and that she had 50 50 chance. he said No it has been enough. We buried her today, my husband sprinkled holy water on her lil grave and planted a beautiful pansy plant at the end of her grave. It is hard and I feel guilty for letting her just be gone today.It seems I cant stop crying an wonder how long in time I will feel like myself as the guilt of letting her die and not seeing her waddling about the house is killing me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read about Posie Marie.  It takes time to heal from such grief.  You and your family are in my thoughts.

RIP, little girl.  

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry for your loss...

Rest in peace dear Posey Marie.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for you loss. Posey Marie will continue to watch over you across the Rainbow Bridge. You can remember the happy life you gave her and that you and your son did what was best to keep her from suffering. She was loved and cared for and that is nothing to feed guilty about.

You gave her a piece of your heart so she will find you when you meet again. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guilt always seems to be a part of the grieving process, you have to remember she would never want you to feel so bad when you remember her, but to hold on to your precious memories of happier times, and celebrate the love you shared with that sweet cat. You know she would never want to go on the way she was, she was suffering and to end the pain was the humane thing to do, even as it broke your heart. The huge hole in your heart will take a long time to heal, and the emptiness in your house even longer. There comes a time when life must end for every living being, and no matter how much we don't want it to come, it is inevitable. Time is the only thing that helps to soften our grief, please try to keep busy and encourage her visits in your dreams. She loved you and was loved in return, that is all she ever wanted out of life, and her death will leave you with a legacy of love that she was proud to leave in your loving heart. RIP sweet Posey Marie, your star will shine so bright with the love you have held so dear, look down on those who love and miss you, and know you will never be forgotten!

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's very difficult to make the decision to let them go to prevent further suffering, RIP, Posey Marie. :rbheart:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss.  IMHO, you did the right thing for Posey Marie. You have nothing to feel guilty about...you made a selfless decision to help your friend when she needed you most. 

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have nothing to feel guilty about. You did the right thing and stopped her suffering.
I am very sorry for your loss. The pain eases with time. You have my deepest sympathy.

gladys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too was faced with the same decesion to make. My 8yr old maine coon inherited polycystic kidney disease and was hospitalized for 8 days with IV fluids but it didn't help him, so the vet reccommended taking him home and hand feeding him which he hated, but put up with. He went back 2 times for sub Q fluids, but it made him worse. when i came home from work on a sunday, my precious baby was mouth breathing, and i had to mak the decesion to help him. enough is enough and took him to the nearest emergency clinic, for there was no way in the world that i was going to wait until the morning to take him back to the vet for more torture. He was begging me to help him cross, and that is exactly what i did for him, and I will never regret this for I strongly believe and know that we will be together again one day and his heavenly spirit is going to be around until we cross. So not to worry, but please be careful who u talk to because not everyone will be kind. So just know that your kittys spirit IS around and is watching over U. I feel good knowing that i did not allow this precious creature did not have to suffer too long.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry on your loss of Posey Marie. It can be truly heartbreaking when our beloved kitties must leave us. I wish I could take away your pain. It will take time but I hope one day you can remember your sweet Posey Marie with smiles instead of tears. She was very much loved and loved you just as much.
RIP Sweet Posey Marie!
You were very much loved and will be greatly missed!