Poor Baby Is So Scared, Help !

Kittykat1998

Cat mom of 2 male tuxedo kitties.
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have 2 yr male twin brothers who are super close (indoor cats) and about 2 weeks ago I adopted a stray approx 5-7 year old female. One of my boys seems to be okay with her, just super curious about her and rarely displays aggression, she’s usually been okay with him considering the short time span. But his brother is scared out of his mind. I had them separated but I couldn’t separate them for more than a few days bc she was very excited. Since she was a stray, I had a collar made for her in case she goes outside again, so she has a bell on it. The boys kept sneaking up on her, since they had no collars they were virtually silent so she began getting tense around them. Then I ended up getting my boys collars so it would be fair and the 3 of them could be alerted of each other. After I put the collar on my scared kitty, I think he got more scared because of the sound he thought the new cat was after him or something and then he went and hid under my bed and hasn’t come to eat dinner or use litter box or anything. Im super worried. I want him to adjust to the collar, I can’t even take it off because I can’t get to him. How do i fix this. I’m scared the new cat will continue to be aggressive towards my boys because she may not have been socialized very well, she was fine for the first week or so until recently her hissing escalated to swatting and wanting to chase them :/ I have 2 Feliway Friends pheromone diffusers and I feel like that helps a bit. Any ideas on how to help my scaredy cat, bc I’m the closest with him and it breaks my heart to see because of me he is so stressed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry your good deed of rescuing the stray isn't going so well. Hopefully, in time, that will change. But for now, you need to focus on calming your scaredy cat and getting him to eat.

And if you can, I would separate the new cat, by keeping her in a closed off room, and re-do the introductions.

Here's a few TCS articles with more info:

Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It Dangerous? | TheCatSite
How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again | TheCatSite

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction | TheCatSite