Pooping Twice A Day?

allisonlovesanimals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My six month old cat Sadie has recently been pooping twice a day. Once in the morning/afternoon and again near 9pm. Today is her second day and I just found it weird. I give her dry food in the morning and that normally fills her up for the day. Is this normal?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard kittens have bonkers butt for a lot of their first year and anything can and probably will happen in their box (and sometimes outside of it too.)
:jawdrop::doh:

As long as it's well-formed, there's worse you can have than a super pooper.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A 6 month old kitten should not only be eating once a day.... unless you mean you leave a full bowl and she grazes throughout the day. A kitten should have full access to canned and dry food whenever they are hungry. Most people do something along the lines of canned for breakfast and a bowl of dry to munch on for the day, and then more canned for dinner. Or something similar. It is important to get her liking canned food too while she is young so she will eat it when she grows up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allisonlovesanimals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A 6 month old kitten should not only be eating once a day.... unless you mean you leave a full bowl and she grazes throughout the day. A kitten should have full access to canned and dry food whenever they are hungry. Most people do something along the lines of canned for breakfast and a bowl of dry to munch on for the day, and then more canned for dinner. Or something similar. It is important to get her liking canned food too while she is young so she will eat it when she grows up.
She does have access to dry food all day, that’s what I meant oops! I also used to feed her wet/canned food and stopped feeding it to her when she turned five months.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also used to feed her wet/canned food and stopped feeding it to her when she turned five months.
Did she like the canned food? Some cats are dry food addicts and won't touch canned food, however, if they will eat it, some canned food is good too.

Here's a couple TCS articles you might find helpful:
How To Choose The Right Food For Your Cat
Choosing The Right Food For Your Cat - Part 2

As for the pooping frequency, as long as it is normal formed (tootsie roll like) and not too dry, it sounds fine.