Poop Question

Khrad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I've been feeding my cats home steam cooked meals (pressure cooker) for about 8 months now and have been thrilled with their overall health but needed some clarification regarding their poop (sorry). My questions are based off the pics from Dr. Piercson's website. The poop on her website is almost like a light cinnamon brown, no odor and firm/soft. Although my kitties poops do not stink, there is still some odor and poop is more like a dark chocolate brown and hard. Is this because I'm partially cooking the meat? Or do I need to adjust the Alnutrin w/eggshell amount? The meat I buy is boneless organic chicken, beef and turkey. And the Alnutrin w/eggshell is the measured packets kind. Anyone else with the same issue? And for those of you that feed homemade raw, how is your cat's poop? Please let me know. TIA!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are the photos on Dr. Pierson's website from cats who are eating purely RAW, or cats eating a cooked diet? I thought they were from RAW fed cats, and figure that might be different from home cooked, although not sure why I think that :dunno: :wink:.

Anyway, all I can tell you for certain is, RAW fed cats normally (but not always) will have no odor and their stools are normally extremely tiny and hard, at least that's our experience here. And I can also tell you that if they get too much calcium (the egg shell from the Alnutrin), they can get constipated, so sometimes I have to add in more muscle meat when I see my boy struggling to poop.

You might want to pose your question either to the Alnutrin company, since cooking the meat does change things, including possibly how much to use, or on our Raw and Homecooked Cat food Forum, which is here: Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Khrad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will do. Thank you!