Poop loose at end

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
So my kitty has been scooting her butt off and on since April. I'm taking her in on Monday to get this checked. One thing I've noticed is when she poops it's formed and firm but soft but then at the end she has a small amount of loose stuff that just stays on her butt and fur. So if I don't catch it then she sits down and gets poo in the carpet. Would this be indicative of constipation or diarrhea or if she does have an anal gland issue is that the cause?? We changed her to mostly wet diet when this all started in april due to cystitis. She still gets a small amount of GI fiber response food about 3 tbsp as a topper and at night. Could the increase in wet food cause it? She's been on it now since April so you would think her body would adjust by now??

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like intestinal worms, or an anal gland issue. Glad you are going to the vet, but make sure to deworm her, just to rule it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like intestinal worms, or an anal gland issue. Glad you are going to the vet, but make sure to deworm her, just to rule it out.
Im going to bring a stool sample too. She's strictly indoors and they checked her poop In April and it was clear.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree intestinal worms is the first suspect. I know quite a few indoor-only cats who got intestinal worms. Especially in warm weather. In Turkey vets usually first check for worms/treat it in case it's worms and if that doesn't fix the problem they run tests.