Poop In The Sink

Vikki33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 9 month old female cat wont stop pooping in the sink. I had just one litter box placed and cleaned it every day and that was fine. Then we moved and she started taking a liking to the bathroom sink. So I added another box, putting this one in the bathroom, and used a lavender essential oil as a deterring scent in the sink. It worked for a couple days, and then she decided it was back to the sink. She has a clean bill of health, and her personality hasn't changed at all to hint otherwise. I have no idea what to do, and desperately need help because I live in a house with three other people who are losing their patience with her.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first thought is to block access to the bathroom. My second thought of course is what is stressing her out so she feels the need to do that? Personally I would use a do not disturb sign or something hanging from the door knob on the bathroom so you can leave the bathroom door closed 24/7. I would flip the sign over as you enter the bathroom. If you do lock her out, I would put a litter box in the hallway by the bathroom door.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was pretty much my thought. And there seems to be some stress underlying this behavior. What has changed in your household recently? If we can track down what is causing the stress, we can help you far better.