Poop Consistency Is Kind Of Soft?

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cat who is 10 months old.

I feel like she has a tendency to get soft poop problems. I feel like she's gotten like this every few months. Like when she was around 3 or 4 months she definitely went through a messy soft poop stage and I switched foods and took her to the vet and they dewormed her with Revolution and she was fine for a while with firm solid poops. Then around another 3 months or so she got soft poops again (although slightly less worse) and she went on Revolution again and her poops went back to normal for a bit. And now she has soft poops again but again, slightly less worse.

This time she already is on Revolution so I don't know what is causing her soft poops. Or if the Revolution isn't really working for deworming...
It's not like diarrhea-soft. This time it's firmer on the outside, but the center can be softer and can stick if she accidentally steps on it (which she thankfully hasn't since I try to clean it up as soon as she goes since I don't want to deal with cleaning up poopy paws)

When she has normal poops it seems like it was pretty firm throughout-like she can accidentally step on it and it won't stick on her at all.

I don't know if I am worrying too much?
What could be causing her to have such reoccuring issues with soft poops?
Sorry I said poop so much.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! You tried switching food brands, maybe check to see if there's an ingredient or two similar in what you tried, and try a brand that doesn't have it...
Pet Food Guide
Maybe that, plus a little kibble?
Try adding some plain pumpkin, I believe a tablespoon or less every other day or so, see if that helps, if not, more frequently.
One other thing, see if she'll like some goat milk.

Lya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you dewormed her yet? Also if it's kinda soft it might be just the food she eats, if some days she eats more dry or wet food.

My cat was dewormed but still had very soft poop, I changed to a different ver and he told me the medicine they used on him could be a bad quality one and gave him another and it worked! Try to find out what they used on her or maybe she could get them again from birds or something else.