Poo and KMR

zabby27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

My week-old kitten has been on KMR since birth and the consistency of his poo seems to vary, from dark brown and very hard to beige-colored and a little chalky (for lack of a better word, not quite chalky but something close to). Is this normal?

Otherwise, he seems to be just fine. He sleeps and drinks well, purrs and has opened his eyes since Day 5.

thank you!

Purrs,
Zabby

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zabby27

Hi there!

My week-old kitten has been on KMR since birth and the consistency of his poo seems to vary, from dark brown and very hard to beige-colored and a little chalky (for lack of a better word, not quite chalky but something close to). Is this normal?

Otherwise, he seems to be just fine. He sleeps and drinks well, purrs and has opened his eyes since Day 5.

thank you!

Purrs,
Zabby
Hiya Zabby!
I found this page helpful for watching my Moogle's situation. Scroll down a bit and there is a chart for kitten poo.

Kitten Chart

breecheez19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have 2 that are a week old now also and they are also on kmr since probably about 3 or 4 days old. the color of theirs are a mustard color or regular poo color. mine have also opened their eyes and purr their little heads off. my guess is that its fine.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mustard colored and brown are completely normal. White or chalky poop means the formula is to rich, cut it down with more water. Remember that the formula goes in liquid and comes out solid, so diluting it with water is always a wise idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zabby27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, so happy to know that! It IS mustard color (dark mustard) and has been coming out pretty hard.
I started diluting his formula and it seems to help. His urine is of normal color too. Kiddie opened his eyes on Day 5 and has been purring since Day 3-4. He's adorable.

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Mustard colored and brown are completely normal. White or chalky poop means the formula is to rich, cut it down with more water. Remember that the formula goes in liquid and comes out solid, so diluting it with water is always a wise idea.
Absolutely.

Glad to hear baby is still getting along well!!