Pomegranate and mindfulness

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone around here find eating pomegranates, like when you sit down and peel out each seed fruit one by one, super mindful and really calming? I do, and I was just wondering others experience.
When i peel it all at once, not so much the same experience and it’s just like eating any other fruit but yeah, when I do each seeds I find myself feeling quite content (short of like an immediate fire right then and there).

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think anything that attracts us to mindfulness is a great thing.. an excellent way to remind us to meditate.
Many, many years ago I was at a meditation retreat and was helping to prepare the dinner. One of the people who lived at the ashram said to me 'cut mindfully', and ever since then when I'm preparing meals I become absorbed purelyin the practice of chopping the veggies.
I can see how pomegranates would be even more absorbing.. there's the act of eating them and the wonderful taste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried it. Is it like the feeling of popping bubble wrap?
Hmmm I don’t think so. There’s less satisfaction to it than bubble wrap, imo. I just always find myself thinking hmmm this is nice after I’m done eating one, it’s almost as if the slowness of it makes me feel better bc of life’s constant business. And each seed forage is “with intention” aka eating it, lol. Now I’m thinking about it, Its a similar feeling as putting together a 500 piece puzzle, except faster and more yummy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember being about 9/10 and my mother brought one home to try. I sat there and picked out each seed and ate them one at a time; spitting out the seed part. I know now they are edible; but at that time I loved the whole experience of just sitting on the couch at the coffee table with a bowl. I can definitely see it as relaxing and meditative. It makes you slow down.