PMR Question: What can't be fed

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm planning on switching my cats to a prey model raw diet in about a year.  I'll be moving cross country and I don't want to invest in a food scale, freezer, etc, yet since I can't bring them with me.  Anyways, I'm feeding my cats some raw treats now so that they can get used to it and hopefully make the transition later easier.  I'm only feeding it a little so no need to sorry about nutritional imbalances. I have one cats that will eat small chunks of meat but doesn't know what to do with bone.  My other cat will eat meat if I cut it really small and put lots of freeze dried on top.  I'm hoping to get both of them to eat bigger chunks of meat and bone.  

Anyways, my question is, what raw meat CAN'T you feed to your cats?  I was at the asian market today and brought home some pig ears thinking it would be an interesting body part to get my cats used to variety.  When I took it out to cut it, it was SUPER tough.  I decided to look it up and found out that it has bad fat in it?

Also, what bones should be fed to cats?  I've read that chicken necks, wings, and feet, quail, and rabbit are ideal, so does that mean that everything else is too big for cats?

I also brought home some pork uteri today, and I know some dog PMR feeders use this.  Is it okay for cats?

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it comes from an animal and your cat will eat it (and isn't allergic/sensitive to it), it's all fine! Most cats probably don't want tough cuts like ears though. Dogs like to chew for fun but most cats aren't into that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it comes from an animal and your cat will eat it (and isn't allergic/sensitive to it), it's all fine! Most cats probably don't want tough cuts like ears though. Dogs like to chew for fun but most cats aren't into that.
@Willowy  Thank you for your response.  I threw the ears in a pot of bone broth for the kittys.  As for the pig uterus, it was kind of disgusting to cut up.  I'm not a squeamish person either!