PMI Exclusive or Chicken Soup or Nutro?

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK so we have finally moved into our new home in Texas (houston suburbs) and i have easier access to better foods for my babies. I checked 3 different petsmarts in my area and one petco-- blue buffalo, felidae or the other better brands arent available and the best i can find is Chicken Soup. I did find PMI Exclusive. I havent found a independent pet store yet in my area that sells the better brands of food. So basically until i find the indy stores what do yall think of PMI Exclusive? Its a dry food of course, although the kitties both get a can or two of Nutro canned each day. Beavis is finally eating wet food on a regular basis now too after 18 yrs of dry crap.

Anyway here is the ingredient list:

Chicken, chicken meal, oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, rice flour,
chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), corn gluten meal,
brewerâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s rice, dried beet pulp, natural chicken flavor, flaxseed, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dl-methionine, taurine, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride
(vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, sodium selenite, menadione dimethyl
pyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

which would be better? PMI Exclusive (above ingredients) or Chicken Soup for the Cat lovers Soul? Or Nutro Naturals? I have to buy food this weekend at the latest so i will have some of their old food to start the switch with.

Opinions anyone?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nutro has less grain and more fatty acids for sking and coat than either Exclusive or Chn soup ... I like all three but I prefer the nutro if your budget allows

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say Nutro too, but that food sounds ok too, and CS isn't bad from what I've read of the label. You could do cans of all 3 and dry of one.