Please Send Mega Vibes: Randall's In the Hospital Again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Who does the grocery shopping? If you do it, simply don't buy the unhealthy foods. Since I cannot have a lot of stuff now I don't buy it, even though my DH does like those foods, too. He needs to watch his blood sugar (he has issues with hypoglycemia, eating garbage makes him crash faster) and diet more now, too, with his GI issues.
I do all the shopping, and I quit buying all that crap a long time ago. But it didn't do any good.
He'll just go to the store with the neighbor and buy the crap himself, or have one of his buddies from work pick up the crap and drop it off on their way home.
I can't even begin to tell you how many arguments we've had over it.
He just seems to think he's invincible or something - in spite of all the health scares he's had..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a neighbor who has a friend drop beer off for him and leave it in the back of his truck - I've also seen said neighbor taken to the hospital in a ambulance a few months ago. So it must be a guy thing.

Mine doesn't fully accept that he needs to be more careful... unfortunately he gets moody from it (I'm sure you've dealt with that before).

I don't know what to tell you, if he won't listen to you or doctors then who will he listen to?

Sorry that you have to go through all this.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I have a neighbor who has a friend drop beer off for him and leave it in the back of his truck - I've also seen said neighbor taken to the hospital in a ambulance a few months ago. So it must be a guy thing.

Mine doesn't fully accept that he needs to be more careful... unfortunately he gets moody from it (I'm sure you've dealt with that before).

I don't know what to tell you, if he won't listen to you or doctors then who will he listen to?

Sorry that you have to go through all this.
Like they say, you can't help them till they wanna help themselves..

Quite frankly, I've pretty much given up trying to do anything constructive: all it does is frustrate me, and I've got enough stress to deal with. I can't babysit him 24 hours a day - nor should I have to. Maybe that sounds cold, but he's a grown man...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I'm late to this thread; I'm glad to hear Randall is back home and that the dr.has an idea as to what's going on with him.
Sending loads of 'feel better' to Randall, and a boat-load of calming to you!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Like they say, you can't help them till they wanna help themselves..

Quite frankly, I've pretty much given up trying to do anything constructive: all it does is frustrate me, and I've got enough stress to deal with. I can't babysit him 24 hours a day - nor should I have to. Maybe that sounds cold, but he's a grown man...
I'm late to this thread too. I don't think you are cold at all. It's his life and he should be able to live it in the way he chooses. He knows the risks. Relax and know that his choices are his to own. Hugs to you!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

I'm late to this thread too. I don't think you are cold at all. It's his life and he should be able to live it in the way he chooses. He knows the risks. Relax and know that his choices are his to own. Hugs to you!
To be perfectly honest, one of the reasons I get on his case and worry so much is because I'd be in such a total mess if anything were to happen to him.
There's NO way that I'd be able to pay the house note and everything else that we've been struggling for to have a decent life on what I get from disability alone.
What really ticks me off is that he promised to take better care of himself when we agreed to buy this place together: I really resent the fact that he seems to have so little regard towards me that he would take such chances with his health like he does.
He did okay at first, but gradually began going back to his "old" ways. Why should he worry? He's not the one who would end up being stuck with all this debt if he croaks off. I worry constantly about it all.
I could probably go stay with my son if worse came to worse, but he wouldn't let me bring all my furkids - and that's a thought that's unbearable to even think about. I'm more worried about them than I am about myself. I can't stand the thought of losing them if I didn't have a place where I could afford to live..:

But I digress. I didn't mean to get on my soap box.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Im so glad he is home, i guess this might not be the wake up call he needs

One can always hope.
But I'm not gonna hold my breath...

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Randall is home, and that his condition is treatable. I also hopes he learns to take better care of himself!

Sending you big