Please: Prayers and Good Thoughts for Spawn!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this.

I'm so, so sorry you have to go through this. It's so hard when our babies don't feel tip-top and we just can't help them.

But I'm so glad Spawn is doing better. Being feisty IS a good sign, and so is eating and peeing (even though she waited until she just couldn't hold it in any longer). I hope they are able to make a good diagnosis from the information in the sample, and that it is treated quickly and easily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay... I talked to the vet tech. There's really no new news, other than Spawn seems to be feeling better today and her fever is down even lower. At this point the speculation is that it's something to do with her liver, whether it's an infection or salmonella or who knows what.

I'm supposed to call back when I get to work (after my dentist appointment) to see if there's any news on last night's urine sample, and to find out if they were actually able to get a blood sample this morning. (She has NOT been cooperative!)

It sounds like she's going to be fine, although we're not sure what it is just yet. She's been eating and peeing... no poop yet... she's still on laxatives to try to get everything moving again. Hopefully I'll get to bring her home tonight, but I'd rather she stay there if she needs to... as much as I missed her warm furry little body next to my pillow last night.

I'll keep you all posted. The support from all of you is overwhelming. Thank you, each and every one of you...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they can't find anything conclusive Jin, perhaps you should for awhile anyway start giving kitty bottled water. Sometimes bacteria leaks into water systems and could account for why her system suddenly went awry? Just a thought......

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand the whole pooping thing, but how much is she eating? I mean, if she's picky and doesn't like the food, and she felt bad for a few days at home probably before you noticed the problem, she might not have much in there to get out. Just a though.

I'm glad she's doing better, and I hope they are able to determine the cause pretty soon.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My very special Blacky, who was 15 years old at the time, had been hospitalized for convulsions. The vet rehydrated him. He told me a few days later that if Blacky would only eat, he'd be able to go home. I asked permission to visit. I took Tender Vittles, which he loved as a treat. They had been offering chicken and other delicacies. Blacky staggered out of his cage and stumbled into me. When he realized who I was he started purring. A few minutes later he ate 1 and 1/2 packages of Tender Vittles. I left more with the vet and was able to take him home the next day. The vet, of course, told me to limit the Tender Vittles, but on that occasion he and I were both happy I fed him his favorite! (He was suffering from the beginnings of renal failure, but lived another year.)

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guess who's sitting on my lap and purring right this moment???
Yes, they released Spawn! Yay!

She's still got a bit of a temperature, (102 at the last check), but she's acting SO much better. She's eating more now and drinking. The cause, we're pretty sure, was from something she ate. She is quite the hunter, and anything that gets into the house is pretty much commiting suicide. Unfortunately, this time, whatever it was, was carrying something.

She's on a laxative because she's still constipated. She's also now on some vitamins, and antibiotics. She goes back to see the vet on Wednesday morning (unless something else comes up and she takes a turn for the worse).

Hissy ~ we drink the water straight out of the faucet, also... so you would think it would effect us way before it would her... but giving her bottled water might not be a bad idea anyway. Especially since her immune system is obviously compromised at the moment. Thank you for the suggestion.

So, it looks like we're almost out of the woods, and I should have my healthy, happy, ornery kitty back any day now!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I feel so bad that I didn't see this thread earlier...I haven't been online for two days.....I am so sorry Spawn was sick, but I am so glad to hear he is doing so much better and is home with you now!!! Please forgive me for not being able to give you my support, I would have if I had known. My thoughts are with Spawn and you now. I hope he continues to get better.

Sandie....I didn't know about Tinkerbell either....I am SO sorry!!!! Please accept my late condolences. My prayers are with you.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Spawn is home. I didn't know about Tinkerbell either, but I know how painful it is to lose a pet. Some people just can't take it. My mother babied her animals so much that when I was a little girl she refused to have another cat because it hurt so much to lose one. So I had to wait until I was married to get a cat. I got two, of course, to make up for lost time! Anyhow, Yea, Spawn!!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yay that Spawn is home!

It makes so much difference for cats to recover at home in a familiar place. (People too)

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm pleased to hear that Spawn is feeling alot better. Lets hope and pray that she's makes a full recovery.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad she's feeling better and got to come home. I hope she has a great recovery

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear Spawn is home and doing better. I bet she thinks next time before she eats whatever it was.

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that I missed your posts until now. I am sorry that Spawn has been so ill and I will keep her in my thoughts until you know she is out of the woods! Thinking of you.......

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Spawn is pretty much back to her old ornery self. I don't have a thermometer so I have no idea if her fever is completely gone, but it sure feels like it to me. She's been taking her antibiotics quite well, and she LOVES her vitamins that the vet prescribed. Unfortunately she's still on the laxitive (just a little bit daily) and she HATES it. That has become our biggest fight.

She goes back in on Wednesday for a check up, and they'll probably give me more antibiotics (they gave me enough to give her until then), but I think we've got this thing licked whatever it was! YAY! It's such a relief!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:: the band breaks into "Stars and Stripes Forever"

duh DA
duh duh DA
duh duh DUM . . .

:: and the crowd waves its flags and cheers