Please pray for my niece

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Oh my goodness, I am so glad she is ok. Kids sometimes when they get a bad fever and a very high temperature have a seizure, its the bodys way of trying to bring the temperature down naturally. This happened to a friend of mines son and it happened in the school playground it was so scary but he bounced back so quickly. Kids are amazing. I am just so pleased she is ok.xx
Yeah, my nephew (her cousin) used to get febrile seizures a lot at her age, so I think it's a familial thing. She seems to be doing fine today.
Thanks again everyone!

mommyclimber

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's good to hear. My son had a seizure two years ago - he was nine. The seizure lasted less than a minute and he woke up as the paramedics came. The case of your niece seems more serious. My son has not had a seizure since.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Yeah, she was sent home from daycare with a fever today, she has been fighting a bug for a few days. Otherwise she's a perfectly healthy normal little girl. My BIL was one of the EMTs that showed up there and he and my SIL said they had her dressed in multiple heavy layers. I think it was probably just a febrile seizure and it just took her a bit to come back around.

Thanks again everyone!!!
I'm so glad she is doing ok now. Sending to her to stay well.