PLEASE PLEASE help me SOS

tylerleeaubrey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

I am a 26 year old living in Los Angeles and have 2 rescue cats and a new small chi/pom mix whom we have rescued recently as well and is so amazing and calm and nice to the cats. The cats seem to like him a lot and always want to inch closer to and sleep with him or try to play with him.
So,
that being said I am SO so confused and so desperate. My cat Odin who is my pride and joy, has been acting out so much and peeing on literally EVERYTHINGGG. He goes onto counters or in closets or on computer desks and anywhere he can reach and knocks things off with his paw almost on purpose it seems... I know everyone says cats don't just do things to piss you off... but I'm confused why HE is pissed off?? The peeing is so so awful it's everywhere he even peed on my friends staying the night one night on top of their blankets while they were sleeping and they are still upset at me. He peed on my bed several times, had to spend a lot on a new mattress because it had seeped through with the last one. He pees on anything now and I have a HUGE always clean litter box that he continues to use as well. It's not in a "high traffic area" either. (I've read through like 14 of these forums already trying to save myself).
Odin is (was) SUCH a rad cat, he has a catarax on one eye from birth (I rescued him and his brother from a gutter downtown Los Angeles when they were a few weeks old both had really bad eye problems now they are healthy). He is so beautiful and is my boy and I don't want to give him up but I'm literally almost losing friends and people don't want to stay at my place anymore and I don't know what to do. I cannot stand the peeing on my stuff anymore. It's driving me so insane and I can't help but get so mad at him (I try not to show it and stress him out more). But the thing is too- HE GREW UP AROUND MY ROOMMATES 2 DOGS. So I can't see how this tiny super calm pup that does NOT bark at all or even really play that much is stressing him out when he lived with 2 dogs at one point at our old house and was fine?? Odin is the kind of cat that (pardon my language) doesn't give a ****. He is like a total badass and loves rough housing and playing and he plays fetch and he climbs on his tall tower and he LOVES people and gets up in their face the minute they come over and wants to play with them he's soooo social. So please PLEASE somebody, help me if you can. I'm so stressed from this and do NOT want giving him away to be an option. Please help.

Thank you.

Tyler

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tylerleeaubrey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*he also seems super healthy and him and his brother Maus are about 2 and a half years old now.
Here's a photo of Odin and Poe (my new pup) that proves they sleep together (even though Poe looks scared he is really camera shy we've found he doesn't like photos and always makes that face when we try to take pics of him haha)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you nailed it when you said Odin is acting out. He seems to be stressed with the newcomer puppy, even though he seems fine with him and the other two dogs before, and he feels the need to mark his territory. Is there any way you can monitor them while you're not there via cameras? Maybe something is going on that they don't do in your presence.

If the Vet says he doesn't have a UTI, then you could try Feliway plug ins and spray. There seems to be no general consensus about them here. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Maybe a cat tree would help if he wants to get away from the dog sometimes. Or a window seat, or some steps that are wall mounted. It might make him feel order is somewhat re-established in his home. Depends on his personality. Some cats are climbers, some aren't.

Last edited:

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would have to second the advice that Odin should get to a vet right away for a checkup even though he seems healthy.  Cats are funny...they tend to conceal their pain and their stress whenever possible.  They are very secretive so you need to work with a professional to find the root of the problem.  Just because he doesn't act stressed does not rule that possibility out.  Cats associate the pain of urinating with the litter box.   Please, please....get him to the vet.  Come back and let us know how it goes.