Please keep your kitties safe this winter!

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I am a little bit rattled at the moment, so bear with me. Only a few minutes ago, I was on the animal website called the Dodo. What I saw on there absolutely just tore me up from the floor up.

There is a woman in the US, didn't catch her name, but she's been charged with animal cruelty for leaving her puppy out in her back yard ON THE COLDEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR. When the animal control unit showed up after somebody had called them about this, they found the poor little puppy absolutely frozen stiff. As in dead. The picture of that sweet little angel lying on a vet table hard as a rock , well, it just  devistated me. I am normally not one who freely sheds tears, but I am sobbing at this moment.

So, what I am asking my fellow Cat Siters is just simply this: if you live in an area that gets very cold at night, and you have cats that like to go outside, please do not forget about them out there! As bad as it was for me to see this puppy as he unfortunately wound up as, the thought that any cat might wind up in the same way is even more horrifying to me.

I am pretty sure that I'm not saying anything that we all don't know already. But we are human, and we do make mistakes. Our cats are our friends, companions, surrogate children (for some), and we love them dearly. Use sensible judgement out there, people.

Thank you, and have a blessed day, my fellow Siters.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately this is all too common. We can only hope this woman faces serious charges. How ANYONE can leave an animal outside in the cold, unprotected, is beyond me. Thankfully my kitty is an indoor cat.

Last edited:

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20893020,00.html

When I saw this thread, I thought of this article. There is good out there--good people and good animals.

Some people make me want to bang my head against a wall. Some give me faith.

??

(and I know it's on the "People" website--I originally saw it somewhere else, and hope it's true)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise