please help

treeman68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ello my name is James bush i live in Fairmount ind my wife and found a orange cat it was very cold and crying it was raining out, we named her butterscotch she needs a home and lots of love, we have decide to take her in, t he shelter hear kills them after two weeks, i cant let that happen. but we are both on ssi we are older we dont have anything for the cat and no money left to help her we live on 1300 dollars a mouth. she needs everything to be fix her shots food litter box , please this is not a scam James bush. Please PM me for contact information.

Last edited by a moderator:

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear this. What about checking local food pantry? We have pet food available from ours. Also, Dollar Tree has pet food also Family Dollar. Best of Luck.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't know where you are located, so this might not apply to you but - do you by chance have the Next Door Neighbor web site you could access and ask folks in your surrounding neighborhoods if they might know of some rescue centers (not shelters) in your area. Rescue centers/groups are usually no-kill. If she hasn't been spayed, many rescue groups work with vets/clinics for low cost spaying - and vaccinations. The rescue folks may take on these costs, as they tend to look for adopters and re-coup the expenses with an 'adoption' fee. It is best to charge a fee so as to avoid giving a cat over to folks who could use them for dog fighting bait.

You can also do an internet search for 'animal rescue groups' in your area if you don't have Next Door Neighbor.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, along with the great suggestions above there are often city animal shelters and other animal rescue organizations with pet supplies available for low/no cost, as well as low/no cost spay/neuter programs that may include vaccinations. You don't need to go this alone :) make a few phone calls and see what's available. If the first place you talk to says they don't have any thing ask them if they know who might, and also touch base with veterinarians and even groomers. These folks are connected and usually know what and who is able to help people like yourselves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

treeman68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry to hear this. What about checking local food pantry? We have pet food available from ours. Also, Dollar Tree has pet food also Family Dollar. Best of Luck.
my wife and have tried everything, I guess nobody wants help because of the hard times we are in, i don't know what to do

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

treeman68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sending you tons of good thoughts :vibes::heartshape:

In the meantime, you can cut down the sides of a cardboard box and use shredded newspaper or sand. If she's unsure how to use a litter pan, bring in a little soil from outside.

Also, don't give her cow milk or non dairy "milk", that will upset her stomach. If you have it, boil up some chicken no salt or onion or garlic, and tuna in water could work in a pinch but she needs actual cat food as soon as possible in order to get the nutrients required by felines.

Here's one more thought;
When I was living in Baltimore, I got my kittens spayed for free at the SPCA because of a local grant program.

Last edited:

treeman68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sending you tons of good thoughts :vibes::heartshape:

In the meantime, you can cut down the sides of a cardboard box and use shredded newspaper or sand. If she's unsure how to use a litter pan, bring in a little soil from outside.

Also, don't give her cow milk or non dairy "milk", that will upset her stomach. If you have it, boil up some chicken no salt or onion or garlic, and tuna in water could work in a pinch but she needs actual cat food as soon as possible in order to get the nutrients required by felines.

Here's one more thought;
oh no i have been giving her just cow milk that all we have, we are very poor i know that sounds crazy but we do well to feed our self i want to help her so bad she is so loving ,that is a great ideal about the box thank you, we don't have any pet places around here i had my name and Addy and town they took it away, i just ant to help her they act like everyone a scammer but i am no maybe some one on here with more resources can take her and give her a new home

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
maybe some one on here with more resources can take her and give her a new home
Have you tried all the resources you were given above? If you want, tell me where you live (city, county, state is all that is needed) and I can do some investigative work about places you can reach out to.

treeman68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried all the resources you were given above? If you want, tell me where you live (city, county, state is all that is needed) and I can do some investigative work about places you can reach out to.
JAMES FAIRMOUNT INDIANA 46928

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise