Please Help

Mimi123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

This is my first time posting here but im doing this because my cat, Mimi, has some sort of swelling on her upper lips as well as nose. And now she has this weird little white spot. When we went before, the doctor said it may be a spider bite, and prescribed Benadryl. I didnt give it to her, and the swelling went right away. But now its back so my guess is that its not a spider bite. She is still eating and playful, but this is weird. Not only that, but her nose is two colored like white and pink, which it was never like that. Do you guys know why? I cant afford the Vet right now so if you can explain it to me that would be great.

-Ab
PS: I would have tried to take a picture of her upper lips but she would not let me cause she has so much energy right now. Also I attached a picture of her a couple of months ago when this never happened.

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! I am so sorry your kitty is having problems. Do you think it is possible she is getting in a place where spiders keep building a web or there could be baby spiders? Cat do love to bite bugs. Can you see any bite marks? It would just be a couple of small holes. May be too small to see, especially with swelling. Maybe I can get you some other help here.
@ashade1 @rubysmama @Norachan Any suggestions or help on this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! I am so sorry your kitty is having problems. Do you think it is possible she is getting in a place where spiders keep building a web or there could be baby spiders? Cat do love to bite bugs. Can you see any bite marks? It would just be a couple of small holes. May be too small to see, especially with swelling. Maybe I can get you some other help here.
I do not really see any bite marks. And it has been a while since I let her outside cause I didnt want another spider to bite her again. But I have been seeing them inside the home. She is also a curious cat, but im afraid its an allergy or something. Shes only a year old so this never happened before. Thanks for your help I hope the people you tagged have an answer.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since it cleared right up with the benadryl, an allergy was my first thought, as well. There are several resources that can help with vet costs. Here's a link that can get you started:

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

The bad thing about allergies is...well...allergies. However, the GOOD thing is that you know she responds well to medication, and it can be managed, if that is the issue.

Echy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 it's most likely an allergy. It is good that it can be managed, are there places that your kitty can get into? Is your kitty an inside cat or an outside cat or both? If your cat is an outside cat, there is a high probability of it being an allergy, if your cat is an inside cat, it could also be an allergy if you leave something out.

Keep us informed!
~Echy

Mimi123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 it's most likely an allergy. It is good that it can be managed, are there places that your kitty can get into? Is your kitty an inside cat or an outside cat or both? If your cat is an outside cat, there is a high probability of it being an allergy, if your cat is an inside cat, it could also be an allergy if you leave something out.

Keep us informed!
~Echy
She is an inside cat. And thank you for your reaponse but I never used Benadryl cause the Vet sent me the wrong amount to give her so I didnt use it. I will be taking her to the vet this Wednesday and hope the bill isnt huge. Will keep you informed.

Mimi123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since it cleared right up with the benadryl, an allergy was my first thought, as well. There are several resources that can help with vet costs. Here's a link that can get you started:

The bad thing about allergies is...well...allergies. However, the GOOD thing is that you know she responds well to medication, and it can be managed, if that is the issue.
Thank you for your reaponse but I never used Benadryl cause the Vet sent me the wrong amount to give her so I didnt use it. I will be taking her to the vet this Wednesday and hope the bill isnt huge. Will keep you informed. Thanks for your guys’s responses.

Mimi123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Also thank you for the link you sent on Vet costs. I will be reading it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M Mimi123 , take a half hour or so and go over every inch of things that "may" have changed a day or even a few days before this showed up.
To get you started...any new cleaning supplies, new candles or air fresheners, new laundry detergent/additives/dryer sheets? Brand new cloths (new pillows, blankets for your bed, new blanket or bed for her, new rugs, etc., textiles of any kind as these often have weird chemicals in them that fade over time)?
If she's cuddly then even something simple like a new perfume/cologne, hair dye, hair spray or shampoo, etc., on you or any family members could potentially be the cause, but it sure is odd.
FWIW I know a cat who has a chin/nose that will break out of he eats out of plastic bowls.