Please Help

NDCooper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got my girlfriend a new kitten for Christmas. The mother was completely black "long hair", the father seemed to have long hair as well, just not as long as the mothers and was orange like Garfield:) The kittens ranged from, all grey, all black, calico and then my girlfriends new kitten "Henry", he looks like a Himalayan/Siamese rag-doll. How is this possible? I should add that my girlfriend has owned a Himalayan/Siamese rag-doll before and said that "Henry" looks exactly like one.
I'm just curious how this is possible if the parents look nothing like a Himalayan/Siamese rag-doll. Thank you to anyone that can help explain this to me... The only thing I can think of is that it must just be a recessive gene...
I'm adding two photos, the first one at approximately 4 weeks and the other at about 9 weeks.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NDCooper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to add as well that "Henry" has very very blue eyes. The pictures don't really show this because his eye are dilated...

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NDCooper - If both Parents carry the recessive cs gene (that is, the allele responsible for pointing, temperature-sensitive albinism and blue eyes) on the C locus, the possibility exists that they'll have pointed kittens. Neither Parent needs actually express the genetic traits.

NDCooper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
N NDCooper - If both Parents carry the recessive cs gene (that is, the allele responsible for pointing, temperature-sensitive albinism and blue eyes) on the C locus, the possibility exists that they'll have pointed kittens. Neither Parent needs actually express the genetic traits.
Thank you for the reply but would you say that"Henry" is or isn't a Himalayan/Siamese rag-doll?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He isnt. Breeds alike nobles is not looks but proven ancestry or known ancestry at least.

NDCooper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both for your replies/info!