please help!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My experience might be encouraging for you. When I was three years old a cat decided she was going to move in with us (her original owners had just got a dog and she was demonstrating her dissaproval by voting with her paws :lol: ). She was very touchy, and would regularly hit and draw blood with almost no warning (Mum had multiple cats all her life too, and knew how to read warning signs...There just usually weren't many/any). Something must have happened to make her that way, but we never knew what it was.

Anyway...I learned pretty early on to look but not touch with Willow. She was very much mum's cat, and rarely let anyone else handle her. She would beat dogs up too...it was always amusing to see how many dogs would slink past our driveway with rail between legs (up to and including German shepherd dogs!).

I guess my point is that unpredictable cats and kids can coexist happily. My parents felt with it by getting me a british shorthair kitten (well, two really, but only one was mine) when I was about six. That way, I had a cat I could pet and play with. Willow just looked on with scorn! The boys played with each other and left her alone, which was what she wanted.

If you feel this cat isn't a good fit for you then that's your decision. All I'm saying I'd the it can be done :)