Please help, which breed is my cat?

ake-karerk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, all to all the members

I am new to the forum and I had recently loss my cat, she has been with me for 11 years
I don't even know which breed she was, my friend gave her to me and I'm glad that she did, my cat is first ever of unimaginable feeling of losing someone that is so meaningful to my life, she is my best companion, to me she is far more than just a pet, she has become a family member, so please help me with your expertise, I really want to know which breed she was, I have lost her but that will not stop me from getting another cat, its been a rough few days for me and family also, I don't even know where to start or what to say anymore, I can't get my mind right. I just want to learn more and more to be able to take care of my next cat which I don't know when I can think about of getting one this has been so hard for me but when I ever do get another one I promise to all of you, I will do my best to take care of him/her, this tragic is so devastating, I never knew that this could hurt so much.

Please help me which breed she was:

I appreciate all your time for reading or answer
This means so much to me
Best Regards
Ake-karerk

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, welcome to the TCS Forum; I know that everyone here is sorry for the loss of your girl - a beautiful Domestic Short Hair.

Cats (and dogs, and all the animals whom people often refer to as, "pets") are companions; they are, indeed, a part of the Family, and their loss is felt deeply - often more deeply than even the loss of an Human Family member, because unlike our Human counterparts, they ask for nothing but the basest of Life's necessities, and give back far more than we could ever hope to offer them in return.  The British poet, George Gordon - Lord Byron - probably summed up our feelings most clearly and most justly regarding our animal Friends, in the epitaph he composed more than two hundred years ago for his Newfoundland dog, Boatswain.  The bronze tablet on the monument at Newstead Abbey reads:

"Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.

This praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
if inscribed over human Ashes,
is but a just tribute to the Memory of
BOATSWAIN, A DOG
who was born in Newfoundland May 1803
and died at Newstead Nov. 18th, 1808

When some proud Son of Man returns to Earth,
Unknown to Glory, but upheld by Birth,
The sculptor’s art exhausts the pomp of woe,
And storied urns record who rests below.
When all is done, upon the Tomb is seen,
Not what he was, but what he should have been.
But the poor Dog, in life the firmest friend,
The first to welcome, foremost to defend,
Whose honest heart is still his Master’s own,
Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,
Unhonoured falls, unnoticed all his worth,
Denied in heaven the Soul he held on earth –
While man, vain insect! hopes to be forgiven,
And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven.

Oh man! thou feeble tenant of an hour,
Debased by slavery, or corrupt by power –
Who knows thee well, must quit thee with disgust,
Degraded mass of animated dust!
Thy love is lust, thy friendship all a cheat,
Thy tongue hypocrisy, thy heart deceit!
By nature vile, ennobled but by name,
Each kindred brute might bid thee blush for shame.
Ye, who behold perchance this simple urn,
Pass on – it honours none you wish to mourn.
To mark a friend’s remains these stones arise;
I never knew but one -- and here he lies."

Time, that slow but still great healer, will eventually begin to ease the bitter loss, though you'll never forget her, and will doubtless carry her with you in your Heart the rest of your days.  Don't rush to find another cat; another cat won't fill the void which she left in your Life.  In time - when you wish for another great companion with whom to share your Life - another cat will find you.

Again, welcome to TCS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ake-karerk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the comforting message and answering the question, truly appreciated your help
Thanks again

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ake-karerk, if you didn't love your beautiful cat so much it would not be so painful to lose her. What a sweet, wise face she has in that picture. What was her name? When you feel ready you can post a tribute to her in the Crossing the Bridge forum.

Here's the Rainbow Bridge poem about pet loss for you.
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ake-karerk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name was "Meow", we did not know which name to go for so we decided to go with that, on the first day she came in with 4 other kittens she was the confusing and a quiet one so I picked her the rest just went hyper and dissapear in the house :) thanks for the poem it keeps me calm