Please help w/ Extremely Anxious & Scared Cat

irinkaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, guys. I just opened an account to ask your advice because I'm not sure what to do. We share our home with 6 rescued feral cats. We brought home our youngest, Lucky, when he was a tiny kitten. I'm worried about his quality of life because he is constantly afraid of our older, male cat who is sexually aggressive. This older cat is neutered, but will spray around the house and call out for girls at night. Thankfully, the other cats get along just fine with him, but poor Lucky is terrified. I set up a large kennel for him high up off the floor so he can have his own litter box, water, and food. I made it a safe place for him and this is how he manages to eat and use his litter box by running from my room to his kennel when the older cat is not around. And because he is always hiding under the bed or something else, the older cat will seek him out and Lucky will growl and cry out while they're fighting. Lucky is very sweet and affectionate. When the other cat is not around, he will come out and sit on my lap, give me hugs in his kennel, "make muffins" on me, etc. Lucky is already an adult now and this problem persists. 

Any suggestions as to what I could do so he can live like a normal cat and not be so terrified of my other bully cat? 

Thanks, guys. 

ruby6689

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum, I don't know the answer but I'm sure others will be able to offer some sound  advice. I have a bully as well but he is not too bad and Mittens seems to cope well.

I would maybe try and put him in a separate area with one or two of the other cats that he gets on with. 

Good luck