PLEASE HELP RINGWORM Infestation

MisoYuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I’m posting for guidance and advice. I have two cats. One started out with ringworm, I only found out about it once I started getting it all over my body. It was a nightmare I took her to the vet. The subscribed a oral medication that got rid of it. A couple months later I noticed it on my other cat. Now my first cat has it again. She is acting super super antisocial and weird from this oral medication that I believe is to strong.
I’m super worried and I only live in a one bedroom apartment that is super small and idk how to keep them separate and how to get a handle on this out break. Please help.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that ringworm can thrive in rugs and other material.I f you have Cat bedding ,mats or rugs a good sanitizing may help stop the spread.

carrie640

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my!!! When adopted Mandy, there was nothing in her card in the cattery that mentioned ringworm. We didn't know she had it until we were doing all the paperwork and they told us she has no adoption fee. I asked them why and she told me because she had ringworm. They said it is completely cleared up after having to do a few treatments but I don't know if it was an oral med? She smelled like sulfur for a number of weeks so I'm thinking (I'm trying to remember what they said) she had a special type of bath? You may want to ask about that. :)