Please help my cat

cherub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
By any chance have you used any "top spot" flea medication on your little 8 year old?.....I'm not a vet, by any means, but flea medications can cause severe reactions like you're describing...flea collars even more so.....my own cat was severly allergic to one of the expensive name brands "top spots" and my vet said he never heard of a cat being allergic to them before.........

what kind of food are you feeding your little one?...Nutri-cal will increase his appetite and help him to start eating on his own once again....it also has alot of calories to put his weight back on...my own vet prescribed it for my hepatic lipidosis girl who was days away from death....it comes in a tube and can be purchased either from your vet or on the internet..(cheaper on the net)...i've been all through the force-feeding regime and it took over 3 weeks for this little girl to start eating on her own......after my own vet had little to offer by way of explanation OR treatment for her illness, i enlisted the help of a HOLISTIC vet......the holistic vet saved her LIFE!!......(p.s....turns out that she had a broken JAW due to her previous family kicking her in the face.....and not only the emergency vet, but my OWN vet didn't even notice it......when she arrived at my home weighing 4 lbs, thin as a skeleton and dehydrated, i knew she was in extremely critical condition...and it was a "fight for Life" at that point)

does your vet have your cat on a Hill's Diet Prescription cat food?...my girl was on Hill's A/D which i had to liquify and force-feed into her...that particular food also builds up their weight and their "system"......

As I said, I'm not a vet...but I definitely would find one that would provide you with "answers" and treatment.....my little girl also lost ALL her fur and every single whisker.....and she's a himalayan, so you can imagine the shock.......please don't give up hope....

Please keep us all posted and let us know how you're both doing, okay?
and feel free to private message me anytime.....

manickittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
~soft smiles~
I just had to reply to this post as you've sent your update.
My original "advice" that i would've posted would not have been very popular in this forum...so, i decided against it. No one can make these hard decisions for us...but if it were me, I would've taken the pain and misery away from him. None of us are alike, though......but I really think the best and only option was done....~soft smiles~
I, and I'm sure, many others on this site have had to face the passing of their kitties.....let me tell you a story I've been afraid to tell on this site...all because it was my fault.......
I had a beautiful pure white kitty...aptly named Tipsy 'cause he almost drowned in the toilet when he was a baby. We put him in the bathtub to clean him off and he kept tippin' over...~lil grins~
Tipsy owned me for a better part of two years....he slept with me,in my hair every night...he sat on the table and ate out of my plate with me...~lol~ He was like a lil dog...we walked four blocks to the post office one day and he followed without straying the entire way there and back...~soft smiles~ Tipsy was an inside cat...never went outside without me and NEVER slept outside....
One night, he made me very angry...and i, out of my ignorance...threw him outside to "punish" him....the next morning...he was no where around........the city truck had already picked his body up....~soft smiles~ I cried for two weeks...the grief and pain was like nothing I've ever felt before....and the pain still lingers because there was no closure....only me "punishing" him and him getting hit by a car....
So, I guess the moral to my little story is to tell you that you had the time to love him....you had the time to show him how much you cared....you had the time to pet him and give him human kissies....thank God for that time that you had with him before he went away.......~soft smiles~
You'll be okay...and grieving is healthy.....and I also think it's a good thing to stay on this site...if you can't post...then, just read posts....but please don't leave....this site is healthy, i think it'll help you with your grieving.......
~big hugs~

Rae
{owned by Baby and KiKi}

cineza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My deepest sympathies for your loss.......you did the best thing as painful as it seems now.....
I just went thru this very thing with an old cat we took in at the age of ten...she'd never been spayed and brought me her kittens (2) once I gained her trust....she was FIV+, had cauliflowered ears from earmites that were untreated (probably for years) rotted teeth, and an eye infection.. she integrated slowly with my other cats and was soon the matriarch and reached a fighting weight of 10.5lbs. (up from 6). we had her for 5 wonderful years, she had a breast tumor and a recurring malignancy in her lungs 15 mos. later.

the fluid was collecting again in her lungs (we tapped her once) and she was laboring to breathe...it was time, I held her as the drug was
administered....my husband and I cried for days, we buried her in the yard with her own headstone and a cement figure of a sleeping cat with angel wings marking her grave.....my husband still had trouble visiting her.....

You will be very sad, but then realize (as I have) you would not trade a minute you had with your pet for anything, even the pain you feel now....take comfort knowing Duke had the best care and LOVE and his time here brought you and him both joy....

Take care...

catman7766

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when i was 10 my cat didnt eat, but also was throwing up his inards. we took him to the vet and they said that they cant help him. the next day he died.
. your cat doesnt seem to be doing well, so cherish while you can.