PLEASE help, my 3 kittens are dying!!!

4senuff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry Emma:alright:

It doesn't seem like the vets are taking ts seriously..unbelievable ! Is there an SPCA in your city, or the equivalent to one? Any animal-welfare association ? Maybe, just maybe the vets at one of those would be more willing to examine these babies closely.

Here, there are a lot of foster-families that raise bottle-kittens up until they are ready to be adopted. One that has fostered for a long time might have seen a similar sickness in kittens before, and volunteers tend to be super passionate about the welfare of their animals.

Are there any kitten-fosterers in your area? Maybe seek them out through google or through an animal -welfare society near you, ask them if they've seen this before.

Thank you for caring enough to give these babies food, warmth and shelter. You are amazing. Hugs

rinn92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your terrible situation I know how it is to take in a kitten and it become ill or already be ill. I've lost some to, the one down side of taking in rescues, and it's never easy but never in that way. That sounds really traumatizing, I hope things get better. Saying a prayer for you and your little ones.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try feeding canned pumpkin, not the spiced one for pies, but regular pumpkin.  It can help with diarrhea.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, what kind of kitten milk are you using?  Liquid pre-mixed can cause diarrhea, the powder forms work better, and can be made w/pedialyte instead of water.

@catwoman707 any ideas?

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be clear, what exactly is happening?

They are eating and drinking ,they have diarrhea, and are sneezing?

Does it seem that their noses are stuffy like with a cold?

Temp is normal, but no playing, only laying around and not walking?

Please calmly describe what they are doing, so I can understand better if there is some advice we can give you.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This might be toxoplasmosis.

It is an intestinal parasite, and in young, weaker immune systems can cause seizures and poor coordination.

The sniffing and biting you described sounds like seizures.

Belgium has NO rabies, has been rabies free for a very long time.

As long as there is plenty of eating and drinking, these kittens might be saved if they are tested for this ASAP and treated immediately.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

This might be toxoplasmosis.

It is an intestinal parasite, and in young, weaker immune systems can cause seizures and poor coordination.

The sniffing and biting you described sounds like seizures.

Belgium has NO rabies, has been rabies free for a very long time.

As long as there is plenty of eating and drinking, these kittens might be saved if they are tested for this ASAP and treated immediately.
I forget this is an international site. We see very little rabies where I live. However well meaning taking home any animal requires thinking of all the possibilities when it becomes ill. I also learn much from these threads. I am not a life long cat owner.