• Not normal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wendyteresita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EBD11FC0-13C9-43E3-8179-A48DF8A2D5EB.png
This is my cats Incision after the 5th day of being spayed. Is it infected? Is this normal I need to know. Please help me. I can take her to the doctor on Monday but I need peace of mind.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it hurt her if you gently touch it? Does she seem to have a fever? How is she acting otherwise? (appetite, playful, litter usage...) Does it feel hot to the touch? The actual incision does not look like it's overly angry or has any pus oozing from it. Has she been licking it a lot? Have you been using a cone?
When it comes to the swelling (pouch like) around the incision site, IDK, that is why I asked the above questions.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Take her to the vet to get her checked out. It might be fine, but it's always a good idea to bring her in if there's swelling. My girl developed a seroma (pocket of fluid) after her spay, and they drained it, which helped it resolve more quickly.

intertwangled

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Call the clinic and leave a message for the vet, or better yet, see if it's possible to email the vet clinic with a photo attachment (my vet clinic has this option). You could also put in a written description of what you observe (i.e. if you take any measurements of swelling, if there is anything that you noticed that the photo doesn't immediately show, etc.). I sometimes send photos to my vet to ask them if they feel anything warrants a visit. Usually they're ok with it if they've already seen the animal. Sometimes they'll just give you some advice (i.e. try a compress) and tell you to follow up by phone or email after a few days, or they'll schedule you a recheck.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is normal for a lump to grow under the skin as it heals. If it feels like fluid though that is not good and needs to be checked out. If it is a hard lump with no other symptoms (redness, oozing, odor) it is fine.