Please Help Me :(

Torryh91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hiya, I am very worried about my 3 year old rescue.
We have had her just over 5 weeks now and she has been really coming out of her Shell.
However, today, she has hidden all day. Usually she goes for a wee so many times a day but she has only been once in over 24 hours. She was even reluctant to come out for her dinner which is very unlike her. I’m so worried something is up with her but I just don’t know what as nothing is different. please please give me some advice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When she peed, was the clump normal size or really small? Does she eat enough canned food?

Soapbubbles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try feeding her wet food, because it hydrates them as well as feeds them. You could try placing her litter box, food, and water close to her wherever she’s hiding so that it’s not far from her. Try giving her lots of affection specifically when you’re feeding her, many cats like to eat after being loved (mine included). Monitor her very closely, if she doesn’t go to the box in awhile, take her to a vet immediately because that could be a sign of a severe issue.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's common for kitties in new homes to develop an upper respiratory infection about 10-14 days after coming into their new home. Hiding and litter box change is cause for concern and warrants a trip to the vet for a check up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Torryh91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your comments. Fiona came out and today is back to her normal self. She has been both for a wee (a few!) and a poo! She eat her breakie just fine this morning :)