Please Help Me. Sometimes My Kitten Takes Large Poops And Meows Like He's In Pain.

pinkgirl1225

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think he's constipated as he poops 2-3 times a day. The large poop happens maybe once a day or twice. I've been feeding him Fussie cat chicken and turkey dry food. I've been thinking of trying to switch his diet to see if that will change the size of his poops. Any healthy brand recommendations? Please help me

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think a vet visit is in order, this could be a lot of things. Maybe he has something with his rectum, maybe it is irritable bowel disease, maybe he has constipation... I could keep going for a day, but guessing won't help. He should see a vet. You're lucky he isn't avoding the litterbox, yet.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that a lot of times, cats can react to the type and amount of particular fibers and fillers in a cat food.
I see that the Fussie Cat turkey and chicken food has a lot of peas/ pea flour =pea fiber.
Fussie Cat

Peas are known as an insoluble fiber. Insoluble fibers move a lot of bulk through the intestines. When and if you try switching his food, remember to do it gradually... and you could also try to find a food that does not have any, or have as much, peas within the ingredients.

Maybe some other members have some input on possible food and brand choices!