Please help me confirm if my two cats are what they are.

tiarafrazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hi, I got my two cats from a somebody who was going to send them off to a shelter. I was told that the white cat is a British Shorthair x American Shorthair mix. And for the tabby, I was told that he has a mix of Persian. I've been with them for close to a year now and I don't even know if that's true! Hope to get some help. Thank you!
The whitey, is his eyes blue / bluish?  The tail dark alike the ears?

As I can see on this one photo and my so so computer, I think he is a point bicolor, ie point "siamese mix"  and having lotsa of white.

I presume he may have some British shorthair ancestry.

It could also be some ragdoll ancestry, ragdoll paired with a shorthaired point carrier, the kittens will be shorthaired and some of them will be pointed.

Also, point bicolor is rather common among ragdolls.

The tabby is medium haired - the rather bushy tail, but I dont see any clear persian ancestry.  Surely not a modern persian...

Whom is the kitten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiarafrazer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thank you for your reply! Let me post more pictures up.

Alot of people tell me my White cat (name is Muezza) has blue eye...but they are more to clear pure white eyes rather than blue. I have a ragdoll at home whose eyes are very pale blue, at some point of time in the day, they would look clear. So when I compared to Muezza's eyes, they dont look the same. And Muezza's eyes has never been seen as any kind of pale blue at all. Just clear clear glass instead.

The kitten is a stray I'm helping to foster at the moment. :)

moonlitekittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My opinion.... you have really pretty cats!

I think the white cat looks a bit like a colorpoint shorthair, it has the colorpoint gene linked to the siamese breed. I would say a siamese mixwith domestic shorthair... doesn´t look like american shorthair x british to me... the black mackereled tabby cat doesnt have long hair, just a bushy tail more like turkish angoras...