Please Help Me Adopt Cats

Btinpa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I rescued many cats and now I ended up with 8 cats! It is hard for me to care for these many. Please if you know of anyone good who would like an older cat that is 6 years old please let me know. I don't want to give them all away but I hope to adopt 2 so I have a more manageable number. Please help me! If you want a cat please contact me. I need help! Please don't suggest shelters, I don't want these cats in cages. I am in PA.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Btinpa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All cats ar spayed. All vaccinated. The two I want to adopt are nice, use a litter box, very cute, vaccinated, no issues at all.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you're doing a good job. We all know the feeling of "too many," though.

I know the rescues are full now with kitten season but have you any contacts there who can help you spread the word? I'd post flyers at work or church. Tell your vet, your friends and family and ask them to spread the word, too. Make sure you get vet references and if possible, do a "meet and greet" and home visit.

Do not meet anyone alone! Always take a friend and make the initial meeting in a mall parking lot or other public place. The police here have set up an area with video cameras for just such meetings at a popular shopping center.

Request a "re-homing" fee - it does not have to be large but just paying something will help ensure the adopters are not in this for the money.

Above all, follow your gut instinct. If you get a hinky feeling about anyone, do not let them adopt. Good luck!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ondine's suggestions are all excellent. I just wanted to add that the re-homing fee will tell you whether the potential adopters have sufficient funds to care for the cats. Perhaps around $50-$100.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Join NextDoor. Almost positive they will find a home there. Also Rehome Adopt A Pet, Rescue.me, oodle.com. Find a rescue to put your cats on petfinder.