Please Help Kitten Not Eating Kitten Food.

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 3 month old kitten loved to eat Blue buffalo wet kitten food. I used to feed her this food since I got her. But now recently she doesn't want to eat it anymore.

She smells the food and she does a motion trying to burry the food then walks away. She doesn't eat it. I was getting concerned so I tried dry food. She nibbles it but not enough.

So I had some leftover adult tuna cat food from my previous cat. I tried giving that to her and she gobbled it up. Now she only wants to eat that.

Is it safe for a kitten to be eating adult cat food? Is it ok to keep feeding her that?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten food as higher calorie content. So she will need to eat more adult food. Yes it is safe. Can you rotate the food or mix them together?

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the adult cat food labeled adult cat food or all stages? I'm not experienced with kittens but some foods are for both development and maintenance.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, clearly she's got a mind of her own! I would try to find something other than just tuna for her, but it's probably ok to feed her an adult cat food, as long as it's not for "seniors" or another restricted diet food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the great response, It seems I have my hands full with this picky kitty. :lol:

It is the Fancy Feast tuna in gravy. I will try to mix in the other food, or try to find kitten food with tuna in it.

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would recommend against only feeding Tuna flavors or that may end up all she likes. :)
Have you considered trying other flavors in the fancy feast? My kitties loove when i take a friskies pate or fancy feast classics and moosh it up with a tiny bit of water. And there are a lot of flavors. :)

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she will only eat fish flavors fancy feast has salmon and trout options that aren't "so" bad for them as tuna but they'll often eat them up just the same. I'm lucky that I haven't had to deal with a picky eater so far haha!