Please Help Immediately

Nickjohnson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used frontline so i can get rid of the fleas on my cat but it says to use it once every month. It wasn't working and i though I accidentally got most of it on the cat's fur the first dosage so three days after the first dose I applied another one. Is my cat going to be ok?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I have read online Frontline has been tested to much above the normal dose, but giving a second dose will not help with fleas and will make potential reaction more likely. You really need to talk to a vet to ask them what to do. If the dose was given recently, you can wash the cat and get most of it off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nickjohnson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From what I have read online Frontline has been tested to much above the normal dose, but giving a second dose will not help with fleas and will make potential reaction more likely. You really need to talk to a vet to ask them what to do. If the dose was given recently, you can wash the cat and get most of it off.
Thanks for all your help ill wash my cat with dawn and hopefully she'll be ok

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, definitely wash it off, but since it is supposed to enter the bloodstream through the skin, that doesn't mean you are in the clear. You can call and ask the vet what symptoms you should be looking for, in case your kitty does have a reaction.

animallover07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do agree with the other posters of making sure you wash it off and following up with a call to the vet. I just want to add to make sure you use cat flea treatments only on your cat. Not dog flea stuff. It is not the same. Dog flea shampoo and dog flea treatments can and will kill a cat. There is something different in dog treatments that cats cannot tolerate. I assume you are using cat treatment stuff but I always like to tell people that word of caution because some people just don't know it can kill them. If you feel that the Frontline isn't working I'd ask your vet what they recommend and ask about how long they think you should wait after this time just so you know you are in the clear.

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you put a ring of dawn soap around her/his neck and give her/him a full bath it will get rid of a lot of fleas. Follow up with a good brushing.
Wait awhile to start any other flea treatments since you've already used frontline twice.
Keep in mind the above users' tips.