TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_5865.JPG
IMG_5457.JPG
IMG_5863.JPG
IMG_5868.JPG
IMG_5867.JPG
I adopt him when he only 2 weeks old cause his mom was killed. I did ask about his breed when he was a kitten but I know it's hard to tell when his look is not define yet, therefore I post this again. He was told to be a tabby grey but in real life, he doesn't have fluff out fur that we could usually see on a tabby cat. His fur got the shine, silky and a little bit of the silver coat cover on top of grey. His body is lean and looks like he got muscles. I do some research on internet and found Russian Blue which look a lot like him. The only difference is his yellow eyes, when the Russian Blue's eyes is vivid green. So please help me, what breed is he and how is that affect the way I should take care of him?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has an overall decent RB look alike. With these yellow eyes compare him to a pet quality RB.

Otherwise you can aleays call him a Maltese cat. :)
Thanks for replying! If you don't mind, please help me explain what is "pet quality" because I've never heard of it Thanks again for your time!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Even though he has amber eyes, with his slender body and medium-wedge shaped head, he could have some Russian Blue influence. And, as StefanZ said, he could be a lookalike to a pet-quality Russian Blue. When describing breeds, we use "pet-quality" or "off-standard", to refer to cats who don't match their breed standards. Of course, that doesn't mean that they can't be charming and gorgeous cats!

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would not be surprised if there was oriental DNA in there despite his coloring. His face and ears make me think some Siamese or other similar breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you all! ❤
sorry for my late reply. I really appreciate all of your words ❤❤❤