Please Help.. I Think I Ruined The Cat's Life.

alybo5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was travelling to Dubai and was staying at this place where a Siamese stray cat started getting attached to me and I started feeding her. She was always separate from her three 5 month old kittens and would want to sit with me at all times. She became really dependent on me which made me feel she doesn't like being around cats and actually likes being around humans while the three kittens stick together.

So I posted an ad on facebook to have her adopted and a lady from Abu Dhabi (approx an hour drive to Dubai) contacted me and picked her up yesterday. But the cat is not happy. She's been meowing constantly and stressed out. The girl says her nipples have been suckled which could mean she has another set of newborn kittens somewhere and the cook living in that house told me now that it is true.

I've been crying since last night because I have probably ruined her life and killed her kittens by now... All I wanted was for her to be happy and have a shelter.

The lady who adopted her is being vague and works shifts so isn't as responsive or doesnt feel that this issue is as urgent. She says that she lives in an apartment so people may complain about her meowing. And I really don't think she'd be willing to drive to Dubai for at least another week.

I feel like I am dying inside and I feel incredibly guilty. I know it is my fault but please anyone from here, please tell me what to do? I love her so much if I were there I would do anything for her... I can't believe I messed her up, I only wanted to help her because I love her.

susan denning

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your story reminds me of a cat on the street where I lived that was very friendly to me, and was always surrounded be semi-feral (I don't think anyone socialized them) kittens.

I would try to not beat yourself up over it (I don't blame you for wanting her to have a good home) and to see what can be done for the cat at this point. Is there a realistic chance that she had a second batch of kittens and that they could be alive? If so, it might be worth trying to find someone in Dubai to look for them?

Also, if the lady in question can't or won't take care of the cat in the long run and be happy with her, you might see if you can line up some alternate people to take her? It sounds to me like she is very much in the settling in/getting to know her new caretakers and her new home and might settle down once she does.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alybo5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your story reminds me of a cat on the street where I lived that was very friendly to me, and was always surrounded be semi-feral (I don't think anyone socialized them) kittens.

I would try to not beat yourself up over it (I don't blame you for wanting her to have a good home) and to see what can be done for the cat at this point. Is there a realistic chance that she had a second batch of kittens and that they could be alive? If so, it might be worth trying to find someone in Dubai to look for them?

Also, if the lady in question can't or won't take care of the cat in the long run and be happy with her, you might see if you can line up some alternate people to take her? It sounds to me like she is very much in the settling in/getting to know her new caretakers and her new home and might settle down once she does.
The lady who took her in says this is not normal for cats to keep meowing for 15 hours... I don't think the lady intends to keep her. But I don't think she'll want to go all the way to drop her back.

susan denning

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wondering if you were able to find out more about how the cat's doing?