Please help cat with swollen belly and prominent veins

Ahmed alamri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all
I think my cat has serious problem in her belly
Age of cat: 9~10 weeks
Her health is very good but the size of her belly are increasing and veins are prominent

I went to the vet in our village and he said your cat might have worms in her belly so he gives her medicine for that and said if this medicine can't help your cat then your cat might another problem and she will die soon

PLEASE HELP please let me know if anyone knowing anything about this so i can help her

I will be very grateful if anyone can help

I apologize for my English i am not native English speaker

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, trying with deworming is good to do. With a little luck the problem will be solved.

When were you to the vet, and the deworming began?

In which country do you live?

Can you get goats milk? Best is raw goats milk.

Raw goats milk is NOT a medicine for everything, but sometimes it helps with some intestinal problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ahmed alamri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday i went to the vet exactly before 18 hours from this post

Today my friend said stop giving your cat any kind of milk because she might have problem in her colon and he told me to give her medicine called Disflatyl

So i went to the pharmacy and paid the Disflatyl and i give it to the cat

I live in Yemen

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yesterday i went to the vet exactly before 18 hours from this post

Today my friend said stop giving your cat any kind of milk because she might have problem in her colon and he told me to give her medicine called Disflatyl

So i went to the pharmacy and paid the Disflatyl and i give it to the cat

I live in Yemen

Disflatyl contains simethicone, and is used against gases in the belly. I myself recommend sometimes simethicone for kittens.
So, yes it may help too. Dont overdo it, but 3-4 drops a couple of times a day shouldnt hurt and may help.

Its true, cows milk is often unsuitable for cats. So we strongly say no no on it we too.

Goats milk is much better. And especielly raw goats milk. although powdered is OK.
I know, theoretically goats milk is just a shade less bad than cows milk. But very many rescuers and even breeders in USA, Poland and other countries happily uses goats milk with good results.
Sheep milk should be OK too, but as I dont have solid experience even by hearsey, I wont recommend it as long as there is goats milk to get.

I suppose you living in Yemen can get raw goats milk? Just be sure the milk is clean, no filthy careless farmer, but someone whom you know is taking good care of their goats and other animals.

I asked exactly when you were at the vet, to know if the medicine has worked or not.

18 hours for dewormer is too early to see results. But she surely needs deworming, most cats do need. So its good he deworms her.

Do you know which dewormer it is?

As long as she is otherwise healthy, plays, have normal poo, etc, we shall hope for the best.

Ps. Your english is pretty good, its not difficult to understand you.
This is an international forum, even if many of our forumists are from USA, but we have forumists and staff from all over the world.
I myself have english as my third language, I live in Europe.

Greetings!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is your cat today with the gas medicine? Are you feeding with dry and wet food for cats now instead of cow’s milk? Has the cat pooped yet?