Please help, cat has tapeworms!

premium_bread

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed these little rice segment things on my cats bed, looked it up and I believe she has tapeworms. I ended up buying something called HomeoPet but it takes up to 14 days to work and I don't think its actually killing the worms. I need something that works faster and will kill these nasty things. I ended up finding a LIVE worm on my bed. SO GROSS, I can't live like that. My poor baby needs help :( I tried calling my vet but they suck, they told me they were going to get back to me with more info and never heard back from them. Definitely not going back there. Also I do have another cat at home, does that mean he will have tapeworms too? I need something I could buy in person and not online, I need it ASAP. Thank you!!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any dewormer medicine takes time to work. A worm has a life cycle and the medicine may only work on adults so you need to be patient and wait for the juvenile worms and unhatched eggs to reach adulthood for the medicine to work. It may take a few doses. Follow the package directions on how often to dose. Do not increase the dose or frequency as it may harm your cat. It wouldn't be a had idea to treat the other cat as well.

If the vet didn't return your phone call, call back and ask for advice. Sometimes vets are just bad at returning phone calls.