Please Help: Cat Doesn't Enter Warm Cat House

michaelm101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We bought an enclosed cat house for our indoor, 9yr old short-hair Siamese mix, but she refuses to go inside. However, our latest rescue uses it quite often, even though her much furrier coat doesn't require it.

We're inland SoCal and don't use heating often and our little short hair appears to be cold in the night.

We place a little blanket on her when she goes to bed, but have discovered that it doesn't stay in place throughout the night.

Is there any contraption out there that could help keep her warm without having to get into a box?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume she is an indoor cat only? One thing she may use is a heated or self heating bed. The heated bed has a pad that is plugged in and warms up when a cat lies on it. A self heating bed had a metallic film layer under the cover that reflects the cats own body heat back to them. I have had both kinds for my cats. They preferred the heated but also used the self heating.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was also going to suggest searching for "heated cat bed" because there are quite a few that I've seen on Amazon, Chewy, and other websites with many positive reviews.

I've often seen reviews like "my cat LOVES this bed." I don't have any specific recommendations, but I'd try searching for them and reading reviews.

I considered getting one at some point, but then I moved into my current apartment with radiator heat that is almost too much in winter (I'm in Wisconsin).