Please help…Cat Capture

newhelp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We bought a house that was just built two years ago in 2014.  We kept hearing something in the attic every now and then and wasn't sure what it was.  However, I was in the laundry room one day I clearly hear, "Meow"  Thus far we have never seen the cat but we can hear it walking and I clearly hear the meow. 

Now we need some tips on how to get the cat into the haveaheart cage we bought on amazon.  We baited cage with salmon, then with tuna with oil, now its baited with tuna with water.  The cat likes to hang around in the part of the master bedroom attic area where there is a crawl space.  We cannot get the cage way back into the master bedroom area because of all of the duct work in the attic and because the master bedroom ceiling is raised up high.   

Any suggestions, please us.   I've called so many agencies and veterinarians and we have not gotten any help. Thank you all very much.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did the cat get in? How long do you think it's been in the house? How is it getting food/water? If it can get in and out it has no motivation to go for the bait, so that could be harder. If it is not able to get in and out, be sure to leave (boring) food and water out or you'll end up with a bigger problem than a live cat in the attic :eek:.

Put the trap somewhere quiet and put a blanket over it. Bait it with super smelly food like sardines, or KFC chicken (not smelly but cats just seem to love it). Set a little trail of food (on small paper plates) so the cat can get a taste of the bait and decide that they want to have the rest of it.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I wonder if there's an opening into the attic that allows the cat to go back and forth? Maybe it's your neighbors' cat?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for trying to help that cat. I agree with all of the above, the cat must be getting in and out somewhere or would be a lot more hungry. Just keep trying, sooner or later you'll get it with a stinky bait, or find where it is getting in. Walk around on the outside of your house where you hear the cat and see if there are any openings, or a vent, etc, that you can open to let it out. Maybe some of the metal soffit (metal pieces in the eaves) can be lifted out, there are openings usually leading to the attic from the soffit area.  Spread some flour around and look for prints the next day. All the luck and keep us posted!

Last edited:

lindadmu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
everyone time you here the kitty i would start talking to it . than it will get use to your voice and maybe come to you ..

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
maybe it's a trap savvy cat? You can find out if you leave nice cat food next to the trap, or completely without a trap, and check later if it has been nibbled on at all. If everything has been gobbled up it would let you know the cat is a hungry one.

(I had luck with some of the fishy fancy feast cans in trapping situations)