Please Don't Forget

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all at the Cat Site, and a happy, healthy New Year to all!
But please try to remember there are those who are in incredible pain right now too, magnified by the happy, carefree time of the year for others. If at all possible, drop just a line to those who lose their little ones at The Crossing of the Bridge forum, they need our empathy and words of comfort so much right now. Thank you, and remember this is a sacred, loving time of the year too! God bless everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both! I guess what makes it easier for me is the fact that I have helped and healed so many cats in my lifetime, but have also lost too many for my heart to accept. I had SO many different animals when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a vet. I am in the medical field, a retired registered nurse, but my first love will always be the animals, especially cats!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Merry Christmas You have a real gift with your posts in the Bridge Forum and also those with seriously ill cats in the Health forum.
denice denice is right. I've read some of your posts, di and bob di and bob , and you do have a real gift for writing compassionate and eloquent thoughts to those suffering a loss of, or illness with, a cat. And that's not a easy thing to do, when so many of the posts are heart-breaking to read. Thanks for putting your heart out there to comfort others. :redheartpump:

And, you're right, this is an even harder time of year to suffer losses, so I will make an extra effort to hold back my tears long enough to read through, and respond to, some of the posts in the Crossing the Bridge forum over the holiday season. My posts won't be as eloquent as yours, but they will be one more person letting someone know that someone else understands what they are going through. :hugs:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Only saying I am sorry means the world! PS I cry on reading every post, just because I know what they are going through and I feel their pain, you are not alone!
I cry too which is why it's so difficult for me to post on Crossing the Bridge. :sniffle: But you have a way with words that expresses what we feel so eloquently. I will try my best to help and offer support a bit more often. Thank you.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just knowing another person can relate to what we are going through eases some of the broken heartedness that a loss creates. SORRY sometimes does feel inadequate and if we were all neighbors we could HUG ONE ANOTHER! I for one, have arms much too short to even consider trying that trick. Like dad says, it hurts everytime it hurts regardless.of how long you have shared your heart with our little monkeys. But i tried life without them and was misserable and since I have room in the house and my heart why be selfish? Just do not recommend waterbeds and cats, waking up thinking you wet the bed is an awful feeling. Been there, done that!!!

Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First of all, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all at the Cat Site, and a happy, healthy New Year to all!
But please try to remember there are those who are in incredible pain right now too, magnified by the happy, carefree time of the year for others. If at all possible, drop just a line to those who lose their little ones at The Crossing of the Bridge forum, they need our empathy and words of comfort so much right now. Thank you, and remember this is a sacred, loving time of the year too! God bless everyone!
Merry Christmas di and bob di and bob and everyone here at TCS! I too have noticed how supportive you are in Crossing the Bridge and the health threads and I echo the sentiment of neely neely and rubysmama rubysmama It's hard for me to go there. I haven't been able to bring myself to post about losing Tama back in Feb. I plan on doing it on the 17th of Feb. ready or not as a memorial for him. I have thought I should be more supportive in the Crossing the Bridge thread so maybe that could be a New Years resolution. I will make the effort to be more supportive there in the future. Thanks for posting this!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the nice post you sent me when my Muffy passed away last New Years Eve. I don't go there much because I can't stand all the sadness.

This is my first Christmas in 19 years without a cat to snuggle up to in bed.

This is late but thank you for the kindness.

Ellen