Please don't dump your unwanted Cat

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The idea of leaving an unwanted cat may be revolting. Yes.
But, it happens a lot. The kitten as a present for Christmas, birthday, other occasions has become a problem. It is a hassle to remove it, or work with it to improve whatever it is that has spoiled your day!? So, ppl do not use animals as a gift. Later, Dumping it , in the woods, or hotel grounds. You think it will be okay
Well, it is not OK
Let us consider the cost of travel.
Train ticket for a pet cost $10-30
Airline $50 - 200
Bus -No pets allowed
Rental cars- No pets allowed, or $100
Taxi - no fee ,YET
TRAVEL document $ 250 +postage fee rapid or regular delivery
Hotels pet fee- refundable $50-250 or free at pet friendly hotels or NO ALLOWED
The point is it can be costly
Leading to abandoned cats in other countries or states of USA
These cat are unable to stay healthy. They become diseased.
IN short, ppl who like to take vacations or have kids with a cat, don't leave your cat in the resort.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Its even worse when people dump a cat because they don't want to pay its medical bills.

Someome dumped a sick cat in my area, she made it to my property and was like a skeleton with fur. She had a very runny nose so I called her Snuffles. She tried to get in the house multiple times so it was obvious she was an indoor cat that had been dumped and left for dead. She had to be euthanized though because the infection had spread to her bloodstream and her organs were shutting down.

Honestly some people make me sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You know , what can be done is to bring it to ppls attention that the action of dumping an unwanted cat is cruel.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly some people either don't see it as cruel or they just don't care. They just tell their kids "oh kitty went to live on a nice farm" or "she ran away". And just replace them like an out of style purse.

I even heard of a woman who dropped her one year old lab at the shelter because "I'm getting a new puppy and don't need him anymore" I mean come on, an animal is a companion for life, not a car you just upgrade and trade for a new one.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really sad. My parents live on a farm and recently have cats show up like crazy. They try to catch them and get them to a vet to check for a microchip (of course they never have one) and then they will get them their shots and get them fixed. But the shelters/rescues are full and they can't take them in, so they become outdoor cats - very well treated outdoor cats, but still.

For some reason, the most recent cat to show up is really the saddest. I call him "Dwight" and they're still trying to catch him as he's not feral but definitely very wary. He's just got such a lost look in his eye, like he's so confused that he ended up there.