Please cross your fingers - we may have a home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't thank everyone enough! Ernie (the real estate agent) was going to try to get in touch with the landlord tonight. But we didn't hear back from him, so hopefully tomorrow.

Gary's been on the phone with his mom describing the place - and we keep coming back to the fact that (once they get adjusted to it), we think the kitties are just going to LOVE it! There are windows here - but NOT like this!

...and hopefully there's no bears, so we can put out bird feeders on the deck for them - and they'll have "big screen" cat TV!
(We already know there are LOADS of deer - the trails/tracks in the yard are very telling.
) ...and that's something else we are really into.

I'm just all "a flutter." I know I'm going to be so bummed every time the phone rings tomorrow and it's not Ernie (and because we work from home the phone rings ALL the time!)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Still got all my fingers and toes crossed too!

Laurie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH! There's three bedrooms upstairs, and a room downstairs for like an office. Because of Tuxedo (and Spooky) we really can't foster anymore.... but now if we have an emergency, we at least have one room that we can keep closed to the kitties - and they'll still have a lot more space than they do here.
So we would have an emergency room for temporary quarters for rescues.

Laurie

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all sounds wonderful - loads of space, and I know you must be relieved to have found somewhere. I hope it all goes through.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still sending you hugs and prayers from Mississippi, I hope you hear from the agent today.

Please let us know when you hear something.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending plenty of "you hae the house" vibes your way. Those windows look perfect for bird watching!

Have the attitude of "its already mine so I'm just going to start packing now cause we're moving into THAT house" and your energy will help you realize your dream!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping you get the call today!!! Sending vibes your way[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No word yet today. ...and even then, they haven't run our credit report (
) or verified our employment yet.... but it would be nice to even know if the landlord WANTS to rent it to us. Then we need to jump through all the hoops.

But thank you so much for the good thoughts and vibes!

Laurie

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending you "get that home" vibes your way! The house sounds wonderful - my cats absolutely loved it when we moved into a bigger house with lots of windows!!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good luck! that looks like a great place---and yes, it looks like a place that the kitties will LOVE!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK! First hurdle over with! The landlord wants to rent to us!
We can have the RV there.
I don't know the details, because all I got was a cryptic e-mail from the RE agent saying the landlord wants to move ahead.... and he was communicating with the landlord's RE agent, because it was an MLS home, not exclusive to our RE agent.

BUT - the carpeting in the place was blue. I'm sure that works for some people - and it's a nice greyish-blue - but it doesn't go with a single thing we own. And it's in good shape - so no real ability to ask the landlord to recarpet the place. The carpeting in the master bedroom was off-white, and badly spilled upon and stained. And the inside of the house needed to be painted throughout the house. And we want to move our security system from this house to that one, put in steel doors on any outside access doors, and replace the master bedroom door with a steel core wood door (we'd bring the ones we put on here and hang the old doors here back up). Also want to put new locks on everything.

So what we'd discussed with Ernie (RE agent) was that we'd recarpet the living room if the landlord had the entire inside of the house repainted and replaced the carpeting in the master bedroom. There had also obviously been a leak around two of the skylights, and we wanted those repaired before we move in. Plus we have the cats, and we wanted to have the RV with us. We wanted a long term lease - two years - with an option to renew, and if he decides to sell the home, he has to give us three months notice and cannot show the place while we still live there.

But... knowing Ernie as well as we do now, I can only assume he discussed all of this, and his reply that the landlord wants to move ahead means that all of this has been accepted.

Now we just have to get the employment verification done - not a problem - and the credit check over with - a problem.
And borrow the money we need for 1st/last month rent and security, Ernie's fee, and however much we're going to need to actually move.....

So - I guess the easy part is over with!

But once again - I can't thank you all enough for all the good will and vibes! Now that we know we can rent the place - I really hope we make it through the credit check so we are able to rent it!

....and it will be so great for the kitties! So much sun - so much room - and it'd be so good for Ming Loy - who needs the exercise of having to get from that master bedroom to the stairs, across the house, and to the kitchen!

Laurie