Please can someone help me help my cat - FIP ?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it often has alot to do with the cuteness and newness of a kitten, then as it grows bigger they lose interest, which is just despicable to me.

Then us rescue hearted people get to clean up after their neglect..............

I'm on another cat who I found sitting in the middle of the street a couple weeks ago, poor guy is in bad shape. The most loving, affectionate boy, named him Claude, he comes when I call him!!

"it's a cat, they hunt mice, he'll be fine!" NOT! Couldn't be further from the truth.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know huh, he is so sweet and the neighbors up and left him ! ( before they left him a month ago - they had thrown him outside to never let in their house, and he was only 5-6 months when they did that)

He knows he is not suppose to be on the counter so this is where he sits while I prepare food. lol
He is beautiful.  I just don't understand how people can be so heartless. One of our current cats, supposedly someone was seen throwing her and her sister out of a car.  Breaks my heart.

pbpossum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Kooie,

As I understand this, you did take him to a vet and are looking for anything else that might help him, because he might be Fip +.  I did post something but it was deleted by the censors.  I have something that worked for me, and I have used it for cats/ferrets,  a dog and even an opossum.  I have used this stuff since approx. the mid- to late 90's.  But I was told I can't give 'medical advice', even though you are seeking advice on anything that may help him...... I'm sorry, I am really trying here, but my hands are somewhat tied.

If you want to hear me out, and then decide on your own, please send me a email through the site.  Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know, poor Claude - well at least his luck finally turned. 

I just think of how terrified the Tom cat was of me and how he is now.  Or how the Mom cat would go from one of our laps to the other in a row, spending a little time with each person as if to say 'thank you for giving me a family.'  It's lucky they forgive and forget quickly.

We have horrible winters here - I don't know how they survive.  They can't move very easily through the snow and I don't know where they get water.

Speaking of which I have to go put food in the cat house for the stray.  I never see him, the food just disappears.