Playpens to break boredom

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Louise won;t play with toys, she won;t climb her cat tree. I carried her to the screened in porch out back and she really enjoyed seeing the sites and hearing the sounds.
I was thinking of getting a playpen for her(she hates the metal bar crates)so she can sit outside as I garden in the fall.
However, I find the mesh on most is so dark and gloomy. One puppy I had a while ago screamed out of fright because it was so dark in there.
Anyone know of a covered playpen that has light colored mesh windows the cat can see out and I can see in?! All the mesh seems to be black on all of the brands, but perhaps someone on the forum uses one that has light mesh.
Similar to this:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chewy has options, if you are able to buy from there: Soft-Sided Dog Pens: Large Soft-Sided Playpens (Free Shipping) | Chewy Some of these brands may be available on Amazon as well.

Is something more sturdier an option? Some cats are able to claw their way out through soft mesh windows in a matter of minutes (don't ask how I know:paperbag:). A catio-type enclosure might be better if you are able to have on in your yard. It doesn't have to be huge.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Would second the catio plan…cats are really great escape artists & super fast!

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a little larger than a playpen and black, but I can really see my kitty through it and vice versa, and even though she likes to stretch by clawing into the mesh, the mesh has not ripped in the one+ year I've had it. Super easy to put up and take down.