Playing

denyse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my sunshine loves to play, but she won't usually play alone, she will sit at my feet to let me know it's time, I never had a cat do this before, she is a 9 month old orange tabby. Is it a normal behavior? Other than this she is the greatest cat ever!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Cats all have different personalities. Some prefer to play by themselves, others prefer to interact with their humans during play. It sounds like you have an active, friendly, kitty! Sunshine might be a good candidate to teach fetch!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you have what I call a "dog" cat. I had one years ago, Crisol would bring me things so that I would throw them and he would catch them and bring them back to me to restart the game. I even taught him to sit down when I said "sit". He was very doglike, sociable and easy going even with strangers.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are just better than others at telling their people what they want from them. I used to have a very smart cat who loved me to dangle a shoestring for her to chase and grab. When she wanted to play she would bring the shoestring to me and then drag it back and forth across my lap until I would play with her. She also fetched and would bring me her toy when she was ready for a game.

madzoya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bruce is mostly like that. Even when he's playing alone, he insists you're right there by him watching! lol

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Barry White and I first learned how to play fetch, he would bring his toy down to the family room drop it, and then run up and down the stairs to signal it was time to play. I run the cats up and down the stairs a lot with toys - it really tires them out.

We now keep his fetch toys in a certain drawer. When I go to the drawer, he magically appears and waits with the most expectant look on his face.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat does this, will stare at me until I play with her or "shoo" her away. She gets 3 plays a day, coz that's all I can handle.
It kinda sounds like your cat is "training" you. My advice is play as often as you can but be wary if you play too many times they'll expect it all the time and nag your u for it. Good luck.