Playing Or Aggression?

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have two cats, Belle an 18 month old Scottish fold and Aza who is 9months old and a slim mixed breed who joined us about a month ago. We went through the slow introduction and were very careful about scent mixing etc so now everything seems ok with the cats living together all day but tonight we started playing with them and Aza is as usual playful when suddenly Belle jumped on her and it looked like an attack... but there was no aggressive sounds, Aza is not acting frightened or afraid so could this be a cat game? We don't know much about cats as we have both been dog people in the past and we are a bit frightened having watched a little too much Jackson Galaxy on Tv.

Please can we get some advice or help thanks
Paul and Alina
Kiev

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like play to me - it does get rough and may include some occasional hissing or a protesting howl plus a lot of staring, tail wagging, pouncing, wrestling and chasing. If there are growls, fur being pulled out or serious biting going on, then it's not play.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like playing. Did she kind of put her two front paws on Aza's back? My cat does that when he's playing, kind of saying come with me, let's play to the other cat.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One way to get more comfortable with their interactions is to look up "cats play fighting" on YouTube and watch the many videos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all, We'll take the advice about youtube in the morning :)