Playful Cat Behavior.

Deg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I am currently planning on adopting an extremely playful cat. He plays fetch! I was wondering if a cat that playful could be affectionate at the same time?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm... if he's extremely playful, and plays fetch, I'd say he's definitely intelligent. How old is he? Have you met him?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course! Shy, timid cats are often less cuddly. Outgoing, playful cats like yours will seek you out to play and pay attention to them, so be prepared! Outgoing and talkative usually indicate Siamese heritage and tehy become very bonded, loyal, extremely active, fun loving loving companions. My Siamese mix always came and gave us a 'kiss' by touching his muzzle to our face before we went to bed each night, and there was no escaping it, he was insistant! He also claimed his spot on a lap before all the rest. It really os what is in their personality on how affectionate they are, in my experience males tend to be more so than females, i ahve had onlt two affectionate females out of twenty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmmm... if he's extremely playful, and plays fetch, I'd say he's definitely intelligent. How old is he? Have you met him?
I haven’t met him yet. But, he’s 9 months old, and his mother is a rag doll mix. He’s also said to be fine around children.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes! Playful cats can definitely be affectionate. Juniper likes to wear herself out tearing around the apartment after toys and then curl up on my lap. It depends on the cat, though. When you meet him, maybe you can get a 'read' on his level of affection.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragdolls are known to be affectionate and calm, but nine months old means a teenager, so energetic and full of kitten ways! He sounds wonderful!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let us know if you decide to adopt him. Then, of course, we'll expect pictures. :D

cuppa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
9 months is still pretty young! He'll be full of energy for some time still. He'll probably mellow out as he ages, but he may always have a playful side. Both of my cats love to play fetch, and they both love their cuddle time. My older boy will lay in my lap any chance he gets. My younger girl demands attention and loves to cuddle. It definitely depends on the individual cat, but if he's playful, I bet he'll want your attention.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A hyperactive, energetic and intelligent cat can also be very affectionate. They just have to run all that energy off first so they may want cuddling and affection when they are tired and sleepy.