Play aggression too aggressive?

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So we've had to keep Lilly-Belle and Chewie separated, because she was fixed last Wednesday and she's not supposed to be playing or climbing or anything like that. So every time we let Chewie out, he goes straight for Lilly-Belle, and he just goes out her. Before she would just hold her own, but right now Chewie just doesn't seem to be getting it. We've been playing with him still, with toys and everything, but he's been nipping us lately. I just am not sure what's going on in his kitty brain. He's also trying to eat Lilly-Belle's food. He'll eat about half of his, and try to go to her bowl. We say "no" and put him back at his bowl. I'm just not sure what's been going on with him. I should also add, that we haven't just had him or her shut away, I've been sleeping in the living room with Lilly-Belle, and Joe has been sleeping in the bedroom with Chewie, so neither feels abandoned or anything.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you thought of doing a mini reintroduction? As they were fine together before the surgery it shouldn't take TOO long. It's possible Chewie is struggling to recognise Lily-Belle now - hormones play a huge part in scent (just think of cats in heat ;) ), and Lily-Belle's hormones will be changing post surgery. Also, the 'vet smell' alone can be enough to make previously friendly cats not recognise each other. Stress busting measures will never hurt either ;) [article="32680"][/article][article="30274"][/article][article="30316"][/article]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today they actually seem to be fine! I think the biggest thing was that Chewie wanted to play, but Lilly-Belle was definitely not feeling it, but I mean right now, they're passed out near each other. Lilly-Belle was able to just walk by him and do her own thing earlier.